Darn Grimlens...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
2004 STA sitting at about 190k miles. I happen to have a few electrical problems, that I am not sure on how to approach, fix or repair.

Mirrors, neither work. Tried new switch. No help.

Horn, One works. Could buy a replacement.

Over Drive, Doesn't turn on/off. I have no idea.

Third Brake Light, Doesn't work. Neither RECON or factory light work.

Reverse Lights, Both sides, Neither work. Transmission position sensor... Do we have?

Everything else seems to work. I haven't checked the steering column spot yet.

I also have a problem the the driver side seat tilt lever. It is broken and if you put to much force on the back the seat, it tilts back.

Damn, was the truck in a flood? The next thing that comes to mind is maybe the computer. Can you swap with a friends? Ed

Tilt your steering wheel UP to the windshield. See if that fixes the reverse lights.

Mirrors, neither work. Tried new switch. No help. - Check fuses - Test switch for power

Horn, One works. Could buy a replacement. - Just get aftermarket High/Low horns or JY

Over Drive, Doesn't turn on/off. I have no idea. - Bad button on shifter ??

Third Brake Light, Doesn't work. Neither RECON or factory light work. - Bad fuse ? Test

Reverse Lights, Both sides, Neither work. We have Neutral safety switch But I bet tilt column as stated above.

Todd Z

Thanks for reply. Am thinking for the reverse lights, maybe.. do we have a transmission position sensor? Will have to check a lot of the stuff out maybe when I get a warm day.

Latest posts