Dan Long 5.0 Swap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Mason

Reaction score
Hey Dan if you are still out there? Did you ever get a chance to post your 5.0 swap or at least the wiring diagram/modification that you went through?

Dan completed his 5.0 conversion. I just found out about his accident searching for the thread. IMO one of the nicest and sharpest guys here. Wish you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
5.0 Swap is officially complete!! by Dan Long 12/9/2014

Oh, and last but definitely not least, a huge THANK YOU!! goes out to RangerSVT for all of the documentation he's done on the various forums of his V8 swaps, and for a few items he helped me out with on mine!

I'm still around, and the swap is complete and running strong! I never got a chance to put together my wiring chart, as my motorcycle accident happened before I got to it and since then things have just been really crazy in my life. I've got all the notes I took, so I'd be glad to try and help if you have any specific questions. I've put about 12K miles on it so far and it's running great. Everything works, and a Ford tech would be hard pressed to say it wasn't built this way from the factory.

Steve, thanks for the kind words, and for posting up the links!

On a side note, I've also completed the coil-over conversion in the front and ditched my torsion bars now, as well as installed a new set of tires and rims. One of these days soon I'll try to get some pics up of all that.

Thanks Dan! Sorry about the accident, hope all is going well. I am not immediately in need of a wiring diagram. Just planning for the future. My '02 is still running strong and looking good at 170k. Hopefully I can upgrade to a 5.0 someday to help with the Colorado hills.

Latest posts