Damn, that Ranger's got some power!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford certainly doesn't get the message.

I sought out a Sport Trac because I wanted decent towing capability, either an extended cab or 4 door cab (so I could toss the dogs and stuff I don't want in the bed in the cab instead) and something that would fit in my '90 build house garage.

An f150 extended cab with a short bed won't fit. Well, it might but I would not be able to get around it in the garage or get to the back door. The ST fits and leaves me a little extra room.

I think a lot of people didn't buy a sport trac because they didn't know they existed.

Funny now that they aren't going to make the ST anymore I see more and more of them on the road. Don't know where they have been before, but seem to be more out there and not all of them new. I keep hoping they have a secret surprise plan. :supercool:

My neighbors on either side of me have Sport Tracs and a guy a few houses down across the street has one. All Gen1s. We're well represented, but not well advertised.

Dang, Gavin! You beat me to it. :smack: :haveabeer:

Fresh off the presses:

"Ford is introducing a new F-150 for 2012. This closely guarded secret has been seen testing in the deserts of Dubai. It will be the first unibody light truck, and will feature mostly plastic construction to save weight. It will be powered by a V6 EcoBoost engine driving the front wheels, with AWD as an option. Optional engines include the fuel-sipping Duratec 23 (available in hybrid), and the Duratorq Diesel engine from the Ford Transit van and London taxis.

The new F-150 will be a 4-door, 5-seater with a bed that can carry up to three sheets of plywood. Towing capacity will be 300 lbs., with a tongue weight of 80 pounds.

0-60 times are a brisk 29 seconds with the EcoBoost motor. The quarter mile comes in 93 seconds at a governor limited 80 MPH. Fuel economy is estimated to be 27 MPG with the Diesel.

The interior will feature Microsoft Sync technology, with all displays and controls located conveniently at knee level. The rest of the dash holds the world's first center airbag. This will protect front seat passengers from flying drinks or other items left on the spacious center console.

Prices start at $63,995 for the base model, and go up to $98,999 for the Lariat. The first new F-150s should be rolling off of Ford's new Shanghai plant as soon as February 2012."

Latest posts