Custom POI and vehicle files for Garmin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Loo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just recently purchased a Garmin 255WT GPS and it has some very interesting features that allow you to customize it.

First off, you can change the vehicle icon displayed on the maps. I'm unable to find a Sport Trac srf file; if you know where I can get one, please pass it along.

One thing I have done is create a custom Point of Interest file. This allows you to create a list of business/locations you're interested in and it can alert you when you're approaching one or at least tell you which ones are in your area and navigate you to them.

Being a blues music fan, I generated a POI file with all the blues bars in FL. It's in my folder if you're interested. Name is Blues bars in Florida.csv

You'll need the POI Loader application from Garmin to import them into your compatible device. Link provided below.

Another fun tool is the voice customizer. You can create your own voice guidance recordings. The only bad thing about that feature is that it disables spoken street names.

Download Demonic Clown......

Yells at you and makes fun of you for going the wrong way !!

Todd Z

AHHHHAHHAHAHHAHA Totally swiping some family members gps to install that!

:smile0007::smile0007::smile0007::smile0012::smile0012::smile0012:

Just found another interesting "hack"...This one let's you customize the built in TTS (text to speech) files, so you can change what they say, vs. the actual voice. This way you keep the spoken street names.

I think I'll prefer this method over recording my own prompts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts