~ Custom '07+ Y-pipe...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300 HP gain, from your CAI, TB and MAF! Whoo hooo! You rock Todd!

Just joshin! I would have loved to do a dyno before and after each mod, but alas, the misses gave me that deer in the headlight look, then I had to perform CPR from her laughing so hard she stopped breathing!

I didn't notice any Hp improvement in the trac after the TB, but I did after the intake. Looking forward to any possible change with the MAF. I know I will notice everything after Christmas (exhaust) and my birthday in April (Xcal3).

A dyno woudl be best on each mod I agree but WOW....A dyno run for each mod get's real expensive! (No matter what my houshold income is! ;) )That's money that I can spend on the next mod.......instead of buying dyno time just to prove what I already feel!

I can say that all my answers will be here tomorow when I get those numbers....everyone else may question the gains but I am the only one who has done some of these mods and I have had a few years of experience testing and modding vehicles! lol

Trust me I wish I could give you all what you want... and PROVE to you via numbers, but I do not have that capability. I am not in the market of trying to impress people and lying about the gains....but I can tell you they are there!

Anyone want to come down to take a ride in my STA is more than welcome!? You will see then that all the gains I have done added up...little by little. One maybe more than the others but they have ALL gained something!

Much respect to everyone on this board, they have helped out a ton with advise! I just do not have the funds to be able to help you all out with answers on how much EACH mod gained. I can just reiterate that they have all gained something!

TOTAL numbers are coming tomorow...individual mod number are never gonna be there (I have done too much to the STA to revert back to stock and test each one!) I am however gonna TRY to do a few runs:

1: stock airbox & stock tube w/ 93 perf tune

2: Stock airbox & Nocturnal Perf. Tube w/93 perf tune

3: Nocturnal Perf. FULL Dragon kit w/93Perf tune

:banana:

If this post sounds mean and angry it is not supposed to AT ALL! I am not trying to argue with this just giving my $.02! I think I am just starting to tap into the HP/TQ possibilities of this truck, instead of hoping I fail how about we be excited that somebody is FIANLLY doing something in teh right direction!

MUCH Respect to ToddZ for all he has done and his input, he has helped a TON!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line:

Doug,

1. Does it feel like your STA has benefited from your mods?

2. Are you having fun with modding your STA?

3. Do you feel it's money well spent? (If you answer yes to questions #1 & #2, then the answer to three is automatically yes!)

If the answer to all three is yes, then nothing else matters. You're not selling any of the products you've added (except the intake) so you really don't have to prove anything to anyone with the rest of the mods. Just have fun with it!:cool:

I've added a bunch of the popular "performance" mods to my Trac over the years. I've never dyno'd it, so I don't know how much I've gained. But it feels to me like it performs better, and as a performance enthusiast/gearhead, I just have fun turning wrenches on my vehicles. Hell, I even added a K&N filter to my wife's '08 Taurus and I still change my own oil on all my vehicles for the simple enjoyment of working on them. Who knows, I might even see if Torrie can work up some performance tunes for the Taurus!:banana:

Sorry to be fixated on Dyno numbers, Am part owner in a perf shop so my runs and A/fs are free.Baseline was 168 RWHP, Intake (pro-M maf also) and exhaust 186, UD pully and E-fan 194, Todds T.P and waynes SCT perf tune, 209.

was a compendium of all the mods to get the final numbers, just wanted to see what each couple mods did, never dynoed after the Y-Pipe (last Mod).

Am slowly removing all the mods and going back to OEM, finally realized unless this little motor can generate 350 RWHP to propel this lead sled, my mods were a waste of money.

Bill,

That tells me

1) you expected too much from the mods

2) had a dream that a NA 4.0 would ever crank out 300+ after getting 160-170 base

3) Are now grumpy and mad at something

I mod my vehicle to make it perform better, Have FUN, I enjoy working on the truck and do things that others have not done or to test things... That to me if FUN and worth MY hard earned money...

Doug,

I too like to see how things perform, But from my modding experience some mods work, some don't and some hurt you....

Everyone keep up the good work and have fun doing what you want to YOUR vehicle !!!

Todd Z

+1 Todd...

bill...Why do you care??? You won a $24mil Kali lottery right???

:lol::lol:

Todd, modded early on, 6 yrs ago when you were also just a pup, and looking for something, anything, never went into marketing like you did.

like Todd said have fun, keep on modding, there will be an end to the rainbow, when it comes back to the beginning:lol:

haha that's funny bill, no wonder you're so happy all the time...

If you change your mine, let me know...

Doug I wasnt dissen you. It is that perception, can be decieving. Ive' been wrenching on performance cars for 43yrs. Im happy that you are happy and hope you did get some gain..:D:cool:

Here in Texas the front cats arent required. Lawfully cant remove them unless they go bad. Most of us Texas gearheads, front cats seem to always go bad...:lol:

Does the '08 have enough chassis room to build true duals side by side ? Also use an X or a straight pipe between each side, before the mufflers (or a dual core in and out). For an equalizer. Twin tail pipes included, out the same side.

I have never looked under a Gen 2 trac.

I actually lost low end torque on my STA when I added the cutout after the cat. I saw it on the top end but 90% of my driving is under 65 mph.

I've been drooling on this 390hp Hemi Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Sport in the showroom at my other dealership. It's pretty awesome. I wish the new F150 had this kind of power. I've driven them both and not much comes close to the power or sound of this new Hemi right out of teh box.

These are teh cat's I recomend using....but don't buy them directly form Pypes...wayyyy too expensive. YOu can get tehm from other places cheaper!

<a href="http://www.pysales.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=CVM10K%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%201?comp=ppe">Pypes CVM10K or CVM11K</a>

the ones I have were teh ones without the o2 bung in them so it took a little more to have teh bungs welded into the pipe. other than that they are teh exact same!

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotmine from a member on the Mach1 Forum....he had bought them but had never installed them. My Gain his loss! I paid $100 for the two!

try here:

<a href="http://www.rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm">http://www.rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm</a>

Latest posts