Crying over spilt milk

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Geiger 2

Reaction score
On wed. evening we, according to my better half, I, Due to careless driving spilled a 52oz container with milk in the back of her new vehicle. I cleaned up as much as I could but I think some got inbetween the plastic molding and the weatherseal of the suv. She complained today that it was a little stinky, but I thought that it was just her being overly analytical of another one of my mistakes. But, I drove her suzuki this afternoon and man she was right, that is the most horrible smell, not to mention 90+ degrees here in NEPA today.

Question is, is there anything short of dismantling her rear cargo area, that will get rid of the smell. Something maybe to apply on the carpeted areas?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Sory for the initial run-on sentence....

:unsure:

Saturate all the spill areas with fabrezze..Pour a little in to the crevices, that the milk ran into..

since spolied milk will turn into bacteria which will keep mselling, I would say some sort of color safe bleach. Try a small non-seen spot first, then clean the affected area. You need to kill the live cultures or it will just keep stinking. Fabreeze only masks the smell, it doesnt kill the source.

I'm pretty sure if you don't get that smell out of there, you won't be "dismantling her rear carg area" for quite some time. Have you met the garage? You could be there for awhile.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
get one of those bissel hand held spot clearners machines, and get the extra attachment for apolstry if it doesn't come with it. better get to it really soon too! good luck!

Wow...college flashback. Freshman year, our dorm had a series of "What's That Smell?" pranks.

- Limburger on every door handle

- An open can of salmon placed behind my dorm refrig (was there until we moved out)

- "Fromunda" cheese in the goalie boxes of the foosball table

If you don't know what "Fromunda" cheese is, use your imagination because it smells like cheese "from under" a pair of sweaty _____.

TJR

Latest posts