Cruise ctrl lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, all.

The light on the right side (Set, Accel, etc.) of the steering wheel has gone out. Is this something a moderately-handy owner can replace/repair? How involved is it?

'02 2WD.

Thanks.

Alan

The light bulb itself is not available from Ford. It is an integral part of the switch. To replace the switch is not hard. just a few screws from the back-side of the wheel to gain access to it.

That said, many members have replace just the bulb by getting the bulb from radio shack and soldering it back in.

Thanks, Coastiejoe.

I felt around for screws but didn't actually look.

I'll try the Radio Shack/soldering route. It sounds like a whooooooole lot less $$$ than replacing the switch.

Thanks again. I hope Santa was good to you.

Alan

the bolts r hidden behind a cover, one on each side of the steering column. the cover is circle, so ull be able to see it. just remember before goin on any route of the dash, disconnect the battery and wait about 5mins, just so u dont accidently get really hurt or killed by the airbag. removing the 2 bolts, unhooks the airbag. behind the airbag i dont remember if they r phillips heads or bolts, but there is 2 of them on each side. to remove whichever side u want to remove the cruise control. im not sure how to go abouts solidering in the new bulb, but would like info or something on how to go abouts doin it, and what bulb part number they got at radio shack?>

I had the same issue on ONE occasion. I thought it was burnt out but the next time I turned my lights on and every time since then it has worked. Turn them off and on to double check and make sure before disassembling.

Latest posts