cruise controll switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha, will a 2002-2005 Ford Explorer/Mercury Mountaineer (1L2T-9D809-AA) Cruse Control Switch. fit my 2002 Sportrack?

Thanks Ed

Thanks Vic, fordparts.com has a part #9c888 ans ebay has 9d089 so maybe they are not interchangeable. Any one else have some input?

Tks Ed

Compare pics with your old switch. This is listed as the correct part for your 2002 ST.

Motorcraft SW 5928 ( F87A9D809BA or F87Z9C888BB)

Click on links below.

Last edited by a moderator:
1L2T-9D809-AA part number listed in your OP.

Motorcraft SW 5942 (1L2T9D809AA, 1L2Z9C888AB, DZ7A247A)

Last edited by a moderator:
pix look the same, numbers look good. $16 I think I'll buy iy.

TKS Ed

Pics, shape, and button functions look COMPLETELY different to me. Did you compare yours?

oh phooey, the part is on the way. If it is wrong, I will resell it on ebay.

Do they not make the part anymore? Just went on a trip and my cruise button started to give me problems. Works intermitantly Is there any maintenance that can be done? Cleaning of the contacts?

Robert,

The buttons work or not. The problem is the covers crumble after years.

Your hydralic switch on the end of you master cylinder may be the problem. Or weak return spring on the brake pedal, is causing hydralic pressure to trip out that switch.

If your switch is red plastic on top it needs to be changed. The red ones are the faulty ones that started fires.

If you know how to use a VOM. You can test the switch funtion. It has 12vdc to ground until the pedal is pushed.

You may have bad steering switches, though. Not cleanable, without tearing up the covers. Or there also is a wiring harness issue in the gen1 steering column. That happens mostly the lower the steering column is lowered. Eventualy the harness causes many problems. Ford made it too short.

Info overload, hope not.......:banghead:

Latest posts