Conversion to a manual transmission

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have done something that is pretty rare on a Sport Trac. I had it converted to a manual transmission. I have done a lot of work on my truck since I purchased it new in 2003. The supercharger added a lot of power but I wanted to have a vehicle that I could shift. The whole process took almost two years since my mechanic is not very quick, but it was worth the wait. My next project will be to add high end brakes. I would like some advise as to what can be made to work on a Sport Trac. I have attached a few pictures of my truck.
Sport Trac Engine.jpeg
Sport Trac Exterior.jpeg
Sport Trac Interior.jpeg

Cool deal, It sucks ford stopped in early 03 offering the Manual......
Explorer express used to have kit that they offered for larger brakes, I believe it required 17" rims or something like that.....
I believe there were other Gen 1 things like ranger or mustang people made work But I cant find it...... Check with EE ad see...

Intresting change over. What trans did you use? For me I would stick with a pro-built auto and a higer stall torque convertor.

I ended up using a Sport Trac transmission but I upgraded the clutch and used a Hurst shifter. My mechanic was able to use the existing center console.

Is the trans a t-5 or, or fords truck trans. I always wondered what ford used for sporttracs manual.

Latest posts