construction labor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Sorry I'm off topic, but it's been a while, and I'm out of practice.

Just wondering what Construction, or, Demolition Labor is going for, per hour, in the

Middle Tennessee Area. Had a guy come out and start a project for me.

Quit in the middle of the job! He has done a tear-off of an old roof and porch (36' x 8').

I was told there is a difference in the labor rate between construction and demolition

work. If you all could give me some idea of the demolition labor rate, or whatever it

is referred to , I have this guys actual hours figured out, and I could pay him a fair price.

Thanks for the advice!!!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the original agreement? Did he quote you for the whole job, then walk, or did you agree on a hourly rate?

Honestly, IMO, he doesn't deserve a penny.

If you agreed on an hourly rate, I would pay by that rate. If you agreed on a total price for the whole job, but he left, sucks to be him. He was going to get paid XXX for a job, but did not perform the job. He shouldn't get a dime.

Why did he walk? Was it too much work for him? Did he have a family emergency that no longer allows him to work? Did he talk to you about it?

Sorry, I don't know the going rate for the construction business.

Tom