Confirmed? 2019 Ranger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Loo

Reaction score
Car and Driver are reporting there will be a Ranger sold in the US in 2019.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2019-ford-ranger-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Ford currently sells this mid-sizer just about everywhere except here. But that is about to change in response to the strong-selling Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. The Ranger will also spawn a new Ford Bronco SUV, which will offer some competition to the Jeep Wrangler. Broncos should arrive in 2020 with a starting price of $30,000.

the crew cab is actually longer than a base F-150

the only way this could derail is if Ford executives charge too much

Has this actually been confirmed by anyone other than C&D or is this just them trying to create news that isn't really there so they can sell more subscriptions? Every website that I checked with similar info quoted Car & Driver, not Ford...

When I go to Ford's Future Vehicles site neither the Ranger nor the Bronco are listed. The rumors have been out there for months but as far as I know Ford hasn't said squat.

I saw another article. Looks like it is pointing in that direction and 4 door ranger and a bronco. Cant wait to see official pics.

Has this actually been confirmed by anyone other than C&D or is this just them trying to create news that isn't really there so they can sell more subscriptions? Every website that I checked with similar info quoted Car & Driver, not Ford...

When I go to Ford's Future Vehicles site neither the Ranger nor the Bronco are listed. The rumors have been out there for months but as far as I know Ford hasn't said squat.

Agreed. Until something is officially released from FoMoCo, it's just media speculation, and I'm sure wishful thinking/dreaming on the part of many of us here.

Thanks for the link JohnnyB!

I am with blksn8k and TT still, FoMoCo official word will make me a believer...

As it stands, when my Trac dies I'll hopefully move to a Tacoma (as much as I would like to get a new Trac, they are rare here in Northern New England without rust) -- But if this is confirmed, maybe the Trac will hold on long enough to get a new Ranger.

Still nothing official from FoMoCo, JohnnyB. The Yahoo! article that you linked is simply sourced from the original C&D piece.

There are some hopeful signs but, again, nothing official from Ford which is no big surprise. They want to sell as many big full-size trucks as they can before they offer anything smaller that might actually make more sense for the average consumer.

The fact that Mark Fields is now the CEO seems to mean they are more willing to take chances with product than they did under Alan Mullaly. Witness the return of the Ford GT supercar.

The former head of product planning who suggested that people who want a Ranger should buy a Fiesta is also gone. He was so effective that I can't even remember his name. :grin:

The forums at Blue Oval News include some rank and file union members who seem to think the Ranger will return but even they don't know for sure.

The rest of the forum members are mostly fan boys who believe Ford can do no wrong. I call them corporate bobbleheads. It's ironic that they tried to beat down anyone who even suggested that Ford was wrong for not selling the Ranger here anymore. Now they are all excited about the prospect that it might return. Jackasses.

Thanks for the info. I have a feeling that ford is going to bring back the ranger, thats just my opinion.