computer help needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
I ran windows update today. There were 8 criticals for windows XP sp3. one of them was stoped by my security. Claimed it was not a secure change to the registry. So I denied the change. when I research " KB955759 " with microsft tech net. It is all in spanish. No way to change the text to US english. Im confused as to how to understand what the update is. I dont speak spanish.

Any Ideas or help, thanks...:)

Are you running Windows Update, or Microsoft Update. It sounds like you may have been running Microsoft update, and you probably have Microsoft Office. I suspect that you may have some feature of Office set for Spanish and may not have noticed, or perhaps some Registry key for Office is set to spanish? Anyway, I think your security noticed that it was trying to change a registry key that was not appropriate for your system and stopped it.

Probably a glitch in the Microsoft Update thinking you had some spanish language version of some Office application. I would not worry about it unless it keeps popping up on every update.

...Rich

Rich, it was windows update. From windows update website. I get notices, then I intsall manually. I have works '09 and some office tools. They are all set to us english. Thanks

Latest posts