Compass & Temperature

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Sport Trac and the temperature and compass readout on the overhead console works intermittently, any advice as to what is wrong with it and how to get it down to fix it?? Thanks :D

I have no idea.....but I'm sure one of the other "members" can lead you in the right direction

Welcome to the site... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site. I am sure that others will chime in with help soon. The only help I can give you is that you do not have a 2000 ST, as 01 was the first model.

Rod

To me, 'intermittent' means only works occasionally and is blank the rest of the time. If that is the case, my first thought would be a loose ground somewhere in the circuit.

Thanks every one will take the cover down and see if there is a loose ground as the "intermittent " was meant as would come on sometimes and if not I could tap the side of the casing and it would come on Thanks again :D

I had the same problem with mine, I ended up having to buy a new one from ford, I think it was around 100.00 to replace, but i think i got my discount..... I was able to smack the side of mine for about 2 months before it stopped working for good.

Latest posts