Cod C0702

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Haessig

Reaction score
I am getting an OBD-II reader message "C0702 detected during current or last driving cycle". I Googled the code, but no good information there. Has anyone seen this code before or know what it means?

P0702 Transmission Control System Electrical

the converters fail and smoke the transmission,,,,, Get it looked at asap !!

Hello David, I just noticed you are a new member. Just want to say welcome, from another old guy from TX.
Im 68. I live in Pasadena, the south east border of houston. We have a member and a friend on the west side of houston. Jim is 79, drives an '07 trac. Sometimes he calls himself old timer.
I hope you learn to like your trac. I have a gen1 '04. IMO the tracs are timeless with their contemporary styling. I intend to drive mine for a long time.
Any way welcome to the site,:):D. We have a fortune of info on this site, and good folks. There are no dumb question.
Eddie

Eddie, Thanks for the nice welcome. I live in San Diego County, Ca. I lived in Pasadena, Tx. for a short time in 1968, then moved to League City for two missions at the space center. So far, we love the STrac. We used to have a place in the San Bernardino Mountains, and the Jeep was a lot of fun on the mining, forest and off road technical trails. We also had a pickup for occasional hauling. After we sold the place in the mountains, we stopped using the Jeep for much. It just sat in the garage wasting tax and insurance dollars. We thing the STrac provides us off road capabilities when needed, and hauling capabilities, too. Plus it is very comfortable for five people. W considered a 4 door Nissan Frontier, but the STrac is just more comfortable. We just returned form the San Diego Auto Show and saw the new 4 door Ford Ranger. It looks nice, but so does the STrac. We do not need the STrac for everyday use and I won't be reluctant to add things I want to the vehicle. I am a ham radio operator and would hesitate to drill holes in a new vehicle. (I would probably drill them anyway). Good to know there are other boomers into the STrac!

David, I grew up in the Deer Park school district part of pasadena. Graduated in 1968. In 1970 I enlisted in the Army for 3 yrs. Spent 2 tours back to back in 'Nam. Went back to my old job went I got out. Went back to school and became a proccess control instrument tech. I retired when I was 56 after 36 yrs senoirity. Mobil sold the plant to 5 private investors, @ my 29.5 yrs, when they merged with Exxon. The investors were Morocan's. They played the system like a mini Enron.
$8.5 million turn around in the first year. Then they filed chapter 11. After 5.5 years with them I was eager to take an early package. They continually depleted some of our benifits. Plus no more raises. Im glad Mobil didnt turn it's part my pension over to them. They would have burned thru it. When I say mini Enron. I could write a book on things they pulled $$$$ wise. They never put it on the market. SOOO you can probably guess some of the things they pulled.
Sorry about the soap box. Intresting that you use to live here.

David, I grew up in the Deer Park school district part of pasadena. Graduated in 1968. In 1970 I enlisted in the Army for 3 yrs. Spent 2 tours back to back in 'Nam. Went back to my old job went I got out. Went back to school and became a proccess control instrument tech. I retired when I was 56 after 36 yrs senoirity. Mobil sold the plant to 5 private investors, @ my 29.5 yrs, when they merged with Exxon. The investors were Morocan's. They played the system like a mini Enron.
$8.5 million turn around in the first year. Then they filed chapter 11. After 5.5 years with them I was eager to take an early package. They continually depleted some of our benifits. Plus no more raises. Im glad Mobil didnt turn it's part my pension over to them. They would have burned thru it. When I say mini Enron. I could write a book on things they pulled $$$$ wise. They never put it on the market. SOOO you can probably guess some of the things they pulled.
Sorry about the soap box. Intresting that you use to live here.
I was there for Apollo 8 and 9, then back to my origins in Indianapolis. I worked for Univac Federal Systems out of South St. Paul. Our contract was CCATS, Com Control And Telemetering Systems. Ended up in Ft. Lauderdale where I got involved in building automation. 50 yrs later and many locations after, I am still involved with building automation. Your story sounds great, except for the sellout.

Latest posts