Clunking while turning left

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Bell

Reaction score
For about two weeks I have noticed something not feeling right while turning left. It started out as a vibration I could just feel but in the past two days it has started to make a clunk while turning left at speed. The noise is only made of I'm turning left and I have to be going at least 20mph and the faster Im going the worse it gets. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how I could fix it? Thanks for any help in advance

Check Projects on this site, Maintenance section. There are DIY articles there. Also search YouTube for helpful videos.

I agree with Arturo G, It's sounds more like worn swaybar end link bushings. Easy to spot and inexpensive to fix, and you can do it yourself with hand tools.

...Rich

I also agree with Arturo and Rich...sounds exactly like my problem and Rich is right on...fixing it is easy and cheap...but like everything old under the chassis, corrosion and rust make easy jobs a pain in the %#*...be ready to wrestle and cut and cuss so before you get it loose...

Just an update. The problem was bad hubs. Attempted to fix but rusted out bolts 2 broken ratchets (cheaper ones) and some nasty cuts I gave up on doing it my self and took it into ford to have done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts