changing exhaust manifolds.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad linkhart

Reaction score
About to tackle my exhaust finally going header back. i hear there is a high chance of breaking bolts off in the head. anyone have any tips.

Hey Chad not sure what year you have but I recently had all the bolts and exhaust manifold gaskets changed on my 2007 V8 limited 4 wheel drive with 111,000 miles. It was not cheap but I plan on driving this thing at least another 100,000 so I did it. I just purchased this and it had broken exhaust bolts in it on both sides when I bought it. One Ford dealer said they would have to take the heads off to get the broken studs out. I found one that was willing to take a shot at it with no promises since someone had worked on it and failed to fix them before I purchased it. I was lucky that they were able to get it repaired and its good as new or better.

I think that I'm on the list for this fix as well. I am hearing ticking on the right side when I start a cold engine. 138,000 miles. 2007 limited as well.

You may have to look around to find someone to do it. There are videos on you tube for fixing the broken bolts. Not everyone can do it.

I dont need to fix anything im putting the headers on. was just looking for tricks to avoid breaking the bolts

Latest posts