"Change" comes today..Brace for impact...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I am going to start a flame war on this McPAIN supporter site, and don't care, but does anyone here actually SUPPORT OBAMA?

I know I am going to start a flame war on this McPAIN supporter site, and don't care, but does anyone here actually SUPPORT OBAMA?

Actually we all do, we pay his salary...

I may not like the man's views or his ideology, but I will support him since he is the man that the People of the United States voted for. Not much we can do about it for at least three and a half years anyways.

I certainly don't support his order today to stop the war crimes trials at Gitmo. So when he actually does something that I can get behind, I'll support him.

Rocks

Bill, see my other post for why I want Gitmo open. As for torture, I really have no problem with what has been done there.

I find it curious that one of the most popular characters on TV is 24's Jack Bauer, who often "tortures" people for information. Yet, people say Gitmo is such a horrible thing, even though was is done there is not nearly to the level of of real torture -- yes waterboarding, sleep deprivation, etc would be scary as hell, but it is not shooting people, cutting off body parts, or threatening to kill family members.

I suspect that many people deep down are OK with what happened at Gitmo, but just don't want to admit it. What is the old saying about not wanting to know how sausage is made?

You may proceed to go nuts.

Rocks

Torture of terrorists that want to cut off Americans Heads slowly like they did to Nick Berg

among others. What about Leo Klinghoffer sitting in his wheelchair as they threw him overboard. These Terrorists must be stopped at all cost. We are fighting the Last Crusade.

The left leaning wimps in this country just don't want to admit they can't handle the truth.

It's a sick and dangerous world out there. I supported McCain, but was not for his stance against torture. Jack Bauer for President!

Bud

you need to watch less television, jack bauer is not real, he is an actor,but of course you knew that, get back to the real world.

I'm sure there are plenty of Jack Bauers out there in real life.

Remember Ollie North during a Senate Panel question and answer session back in 1989 or so, when asked if he was afraid of anyone, he mentioned Osama Bin Laden, this was way prior to 9/11. Our black ops guys know the dangerous people, they live amongst them everyday. We must not tie their hands. I hope Obama will realize this. I hope he can handle the truth.

Obama is the president. He is my president. He is the Commander-in-Cheif.

I am just following the fine example set-forth by the Bush haters over the last 8 years. I am being the better man about it as well because I am not out calling Obama a liar, a cheater, an election stealer, calling for his impeachment, etc.

I want this country to succeed. I am not willing to blindly lay over and let Obama and the leftists have their way with me or my country.

Obama will either be a spectacular president or a spectacular failure.

He has started off being more Carter-esque than Lincoln-esque.

I will refused to be blamed when the "change you can belive in" is exactly opposite of that.

My "hope" does not come from a politician or a government.

My life is not fufilled by the election of one man.

I will not be reliant on a bureaucrat.

I will stand up for what is right.

Obama in just another politician serving We, the People and he will need to remember that. He is not the African-American president. He is the American president. The right decision is not necessarily the popular decision (see William J. Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States). I am a member of the 48% of this country that DID NOT vote for him. I did my research on him and frankly he scares the bat-crap out of me.

Sorry but closing Gitmo is like saying there are no terrorist in this world and there are no threats to our country. What goes on there is not good but undeniably a necessity since there is seemingly no end to Muslim terrorist. You don't deal with these people by just slapping their hand. No doubt this decision will come back and bite us on the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe what we need is a trained death squad, catch a muslim suspected of terrorism.

Than humanly pop he or she in the head with a Glock, thats humane.

Than we will not need to incarcerate, interogate, and need gitmos.

I have no problem with the death squad. The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist. But how will we learn anything? I don't have to tell you how muslim terrorist leaders recruit people to carry out their dirty work. (They are all to cowardly to do anything on their own). How will we learn who the masterminds (the next Bin Ladens) are? If torturing all these extremist saves ONE American life that I'm all for it.

Maybe what we need is a trained death squad, catch a muslim suspected of terrorism.

We actually had such a unit, back in the early '80's: Seal Team Six was created for that very purpose by the Rogue Warrior, Dick Marcinko.

From there, Marcinko sold the idea and was eventually tasked with creating and commanding SEAL Team SIX, the Navys first and only counter-terrorist command. SEAL Team SIX engaged in highly classified missions from Central America to the Middle East, the North Sea to Africa and beyond, and established itself as the worlds foremost counter-terrorism unit.

Latest posts