"Change" comes today..Brace for impact...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, not watching. I have to work for a living... :wacko: Also getting tired of having him set up as the savior of all. He IS just a man after all! Geeesh!

Funny how he's calling off the wagons now saying that change will come, but not at least for a few years.

They were discussing the other day how his campaign made people honestly think that day 1 of his presidency the sun will shine brighter, and everyone will get their jobs back.

The sheeple have enjoyed their koolaid and now reality will set in.

I will sit back and watch. If a good job is done, then I will be happy and thankful. It remains to be seen though...

Oh yeah, and I will not be watching either. I too will be at work.

Overkill....$45 million for this inauguaration, I thought the economy was in a recession and here this big whoopla for what?!

People are acting like this is the first time a President has EVER been inaugurated. When will all this end.....first the campaign, now this, what next?

LOL...they sent out an email at the office saying that they would be setting up TVs in our two boardrooms for anyone that wanted to watch the goings-ons of the inauguration.

luckily, I have to work today, like everyday. on my construction site, where I am a PM, where we don't have TVs, so I will have to miss it, of which I am not saddened. I am just happy this is a daytime affair, not in the evening, so I can watch regular tv this evening.

I am hoping for the best, but expecting the norm, that (as Jenn and Chris said), he is just a man, and unfortunately, we won't know anything for a couple of years.

I agree with the above. I also have a job (thank goodness) and will be working. I understand it is history in the making and with Martin Luther King Day and all, this is a time for some celebration. But I hope it is over soon because we have some serious problems in this country and around the world. There is alot of work to be done.

Hide the wallets, bury the guns, hold on to your butts.

Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity provide all the objective coverage I need:lol:

Like others, I am doing my part to keep the economy moving by working and not taking a penny from the .gov (at least directly).

Last edited by a moderator:
The change I want to see: No new debts, do not spend more than you take in, pay off debts. Sadly, Obama has plans to spend America into oblivion.

From what I've been hearing on all the news channels and reading on the internet, when Obama takes office today, he will turn on a switch and everyone will be debt free, there will be no more wars, everyone will have a job, and they'll be no more natural disasters. Maybe we'll all just sleep for the next 4 years and this will all come true:banana:

Congratulations Mr. President! Our country is in a fine mess due to the failed policies of years past and you have inherited a nation and a world in distress. The road ahead will be difficult and long, but I hope your hand will be steady and your policies strong.

All said and done, I feel sorry for Obama. He's inheriting a mess (caused by both Republicans and Democrats), and has very high expectations being placed upon him. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes but I wish him the best.

Neal Boortz offered some well said words this morning:

Say what you will about the politics and celebrity-worship of Barack Obama, but today is a historic day for this nation ... a day to celebrate.

Once again, for the 44th time in our history, the United States will show the entire world that the world's most powerful country can peacefully change leadership. We're used to it. That doesn't seem so special to us ... but to citizens from other countries it is nothing short of amazing. Witness what is happening in Russia. A new leader through an election? Yeah ... tell that to Putin and get fitted for a blindfold.

Did I vote for this guy? No. Do I want him to be the best president this country has ever had? Absolutely; but that's according to my definition of what "the best" would entail, not Bill Ayers'. I want a president who promotes self reliance, who honors the concept of the individual, who brings us more economic liberty, who recognizes the danger of big government, and who will be an inspiration to millions of people who, before today, thought that their future was out of their hands. As my father used to say; "People in hell want ice water." But we'll see. The institution is larger than any man, and any man in that office deserves our respect: Perhaps not our support at all times, but always our respect.

Well put by Mr. Boortz, though I'm not a fan. Contrast that with Rush Limbaugh: "I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails. So, he's hoping that the economy worsens, the Big Three go under, more Americans are killed in Iraq and Afghanistan than under Bush, and more people lose their homes. I would call that the audacity of cynicism, narcissism and certainly unpatriotic.

Rose said:
People are acting like this is the first time a President has EVER been inaugurated.

No, it's only the first time that 1) a black man and 2) a non-citizen has been inaugurated. :D

Latest posts