CEL P0125

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M C

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Job 2 that had the CEL come on yesterday when my wife was driving it to work. Checked it at Autozone today and it came up with P0125, it said it was in closed loop, and the the coolant temp sensor has a problem. She drove it 35 miles home from work, then I jumped in and we ran straight to the Zone, and on the way back the temp guage seemed very low compared to usual. The temp sensor is only 15.99, so I will probably change it this weekend. Does anyone know where it is located in the engine bay?

Thanks

P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temp For Closed Loop Fuel Control

It can be a few things. The Temp Sensor, (which is not the same as the Gauge Temp sensor that you see on the dash). A stuck T-stat and a few other things. But I am betting you have a defective T-stat. The gauge on the dash seems to agree with the engine coolant temp sensor so I doubt that the engine sensor is bad.

A defective T-stat will do create the issue your having. What happens is the fuel injection gets a bit screwed up as the engine does not run at the normal operating temp...

Latest posts