CD stuck in factory radio. Won't read & won't eject? How to remove?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE442

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Some where way to close to the effen city
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I have a Sport Track XLY V8 4X4 and I have a CD stuck in factory radio. It won't read & won't eject? How to remove? The radio works.....just not the CD player? I bought the truck new and it only has 90,000 miles. I don't drive it a lot and it's been inside my garage at least half its life so it's been somewhat babied. I'm actually considering selling it and would like to get that CD out before I do. Anyone have a solution.
OLE442

Go to the fuse box, pull out both Stereo fuses. Wait a short period of time and replace the fuses. That should allow you to remove the CD. If not, you have to pull the entire unit, unplug the CD player, clean the connection to the stereo and put it back in!

I don't drive my ST a lot and it sits in my garage a lot especially in the winter. So, I have a battery disconnect on the negative terminal. Wouldn't disconnecting that do the same as pulling the two radio/CD player fuses?

Idk if this helps but the in dash chager my f150 has i was able to take the unit out the dash and a couple screws and i could pull the whole magazine out the unit and get my cd it ate 2 years prior.

Latest posts