CD Player help, of course this would happen right before L'ville

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
I got off work, went to the ST, cranked it up, but no music played. I got an error message "CD E2" on my Panasonic CQDF903U CD player, which means dirty disc. No problem, I switched discs, still the same error. Went to Walmart and bought a CD laser lense cleaning kit designed specifically for slot loading car CD players, put it in, and it won't work like the directions say it should. What's up? Anyone got a clue on how to help? Of course, I have to be in the ST for 6-7 hours next Thursday, and it's pretty short notice to just go pick up a new CD player...sigh.

Take that one back to Walmart and tell them it won't work. See if they have a different type or get one from another store. Hate to say it could be a bad laser or the disc isn't spinning. (can you hear it spin?) I would try another type of lens cleaner and then if it doesn't work then maybe look into other problems. I have had to take ones out and physically clean the laser with a Q-Tip before. Not an easy job. Sorry about the possible bad news I gave you.

Stone, I bought it on eBay a little over 2 years ago (when it was the state of the art $300 unit) and they don't sell them at Walmart. If it's not working tomorrow, I may have found myself a project for the weekend. I can hear it spinning, and the disc comes back out facing a different direction than when it goes in, so I assume it spins. I'm pretty handy with electronics, so taking it apart wouldn't be that big of a deal.

hahaha, that is hilarious... I have a Panasonic CQDF983U and as of last weekend I got the exact same thing, I have no found a solution yet

Im thinking about getting a new deck anyways but we'll see. I dont use the cd much, I mainly listen to my ipod that I have ran through the deck via the aux input rca's on the back.

Dallas

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm probably gonna head to Walmart tonight to get a decent cheapy unit. I'm planning on getting a 6" touchscreen later this summer, and it was gonna be the Panasonic version, not any more. Anybody in L'ville wanna pull an "Office Space" moment with some gangsta music? I can bring some baseball bats...

Of course, I was on my way to Walmart to pick up a new cheap unit, and the cd player started working perfectly, good as new. If anyone's interested, I used the Phillips 4in1 "All you need to clean CD/DVD" kit from Walmart. I'm glad I don't need to shell out $150 just to have music for the drive to L'ville, but sorry to disappoint everyone, there will not be a pinata...

Latest posts