CATS!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your service engine light will definitely be on. A lot of people have to get regular emission tests every couple of years, my friend has a 93 Mustang and installs his cat replacement straight pipes 95% of the time and only puts the cats back in at test time. :fire:

There are a few members who run the RT y-pipe, with RT cat-pipe, which is a catless y-pipe and single cat pipe versus the 4 factory cats, plus the RT cat-pipe is 2.5" versus the necked down 2.25" of the factory cat-pipe.

I agree with the test of the exhaust prior to just changing stuff out. But...

If looking for an upgrade. I went with the RT CAT and Ypipe with MagnaFlow exhaust and I like it a lot.

Why do you think the cats are pluged?

As Scott said, buy a pressure tester. Arbitrarly buying cats is expensive guess work.

If you find it is the cats on the y-pipe. I would go with the RT-ypipe. Not sure about your state. Only a few like CA. look for those. My state inspectors only look for the main cats. I love the rt-ypipe, on mine. Deeper sound and better flow. Looses alot of the raspy sound of the V6.

Latest posts