Carrying 4x8 sheets

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Partridge

Reaction score
I noticed a couple places to put 2x4 across the back cargo area. This is just about 4 feet apart.That is the pivot point of a 4x8 sheet. Any ideas or products to extend so a 4x8 sheet can be safely transported. I was thinking I would have to screw a couple 2x4x8 length wise.Then screw a 4x8x4 on its edge over the tail gate.

Thanks

2303aafd658640adfe2adb407bfc4a60.jpg

I have carried 5 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood. I just put the tailgate down, roate the bed extender out, and lay the sheets in the bed, from the back wall to the tailgate, on top of the extender. Straped them in, and good to go.

Haven't heard about free delivery here. Costs about $60 for home delivery except occasionally for major appliances.

If you don't use your bed, why not sell your truck and buy a car?

:bwahaha:

I have two 2x4's cut to fit my bed (crossways). One is "thickened" at each end with 1x's; it goes in the notches over the wheels. I then flip out the bed extender and lay 4x8 whatever in and close the cover.....good to go

Agree with Richard, Both Lowes and Home Depot charge for delivery. (Just had a pallet of 200 deco stones delivered for a retaining wall, and it was $59 addl for delivery)

I could have loaded a few dozen at at a time, and made several trips, but the $59 was worth it. The stones are the 12" X 8" X 5", and are pretty heavy.

I just flip the extender out and either bring or buy a pair of scrap 2x4's and angle them down toward the front of the bed then lay the plywood or drywall over them.

Never had issue carrying ANY thing I needed to in a sport trac....

I have pine 4x4 I lay in the bed and place what ever that is 4x8 on top.... I also have done 4x8 plywood, lattice, Sheetrock on the bed extender and the material slid in the bed...

It is easy to carry stuff in a ST !!!

I have done 16 footers in the rear window on the dash and out the back, and 12 footers with no issue !!!

Think and prepare and you can carry almost everything you need !!

NO place here is free delivery.... MIN $90 bucks !! and the truck rental of $19.99 and hour form depot or Lowes is not worth all the time wasted and lost running back and fourth..

Todd Z

I have caried 10 sheets of 3/4" ply wood stacked in the bed with tailgate down no extender strapped in just fine I also have caried 50!!! 4x4x8's bed sagged a little but had no problems otherwise just drive careful!!! oh and any 12 footers if its only like ten or 15 1x6x12 or 2x4 x12 they fit right in the back window and the handy dandy tie downs on the side of the bed are great!!

Latest posts