car loans & moving to another state

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
I'm thinking of moving out of state in less then two months. I am considering buying another car & have been dealing with my local bank for like 15 years & about 20 car loans. Is there any problem with moving out of state when you owe on a car loan? Do you have to report it or something? Can you continue to get car loans from a bank a 1000 miles away? Sounds kinda weird but this bank has always been really easy to do business with---I have gotten everything from $3,000 cars to $30,000 cars with just a phone call & no down payments. I've had as many as 4 car loans running with them at once. I doubt we'd get that kind of service very quickly in a larger town with a recent job change. Just thought maybe some of you know the procedure for this situation. Thanks

Tonka; I am continually moving due to my job. it is no problem having a car loans in another state. Just give them the change of address when or before you move. I am living in Maine now have 2 car loans in PA. Just co- signed for my sons on in RI one in CT did it over the phone and via fax. They will be more than happy to continue to do buisness with you. Do not worry and if it still concerns you talk to the bank; tell them your intentions. You will find that moving and to still do buisness with them is no problem. It happens all the time (just remember to change your address once you move; they still have the title, you may want them to send it to you at some point.)

Seen your truck in another post must say it looks great! Nice Job!:cool:

I live in GA and every one of my car loans has been through my credit union in Rochester, NY. 1,000 miles has made no lapse in service. I am usually approved for any loan within half a day or less. Some of this was pre-online forms, and now I can go online and complete forms. A few faxes later (the only downfall but it is a signature thing) and I have my loan.

JT#14

Latest posts