can't believe it

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave feola

Reaction score
hey folks,took my st to dealer for repair, told them about the ticking sound I'm getting around 3000 rpm (timing chain), or so I thought, they told me the rear shocks are causing it and need to be replaced, does this sound right ?. also I have the premium warranty,but they will not cover the shocks.

shocks are wear and tear parts, just like brakes, hence no coverage. Anything is possible but shocks making noise at a specific rpm? Doesn't really sound right. I would think any noise the shocks make would have more to do with where your driving or driving over. Take a tech for a ride and ask them to explain the shock theory.

Ummmm, I'm thinking no.

I would have them agree to pay the bill if they are wrong. If they are right, you'll gladly pay.

OEM shocks are poor from the word go. But I see no way the shocks can tick at 3000 RPM's.

I kind of doubt their diagnoses also. Since you have an 02 ST like mine and still have the oem shocks, go ahead and get some new ones. You need them anyway. Trust me, it will make a world of difference.

Shocks dont make ticking noises. Dealer is druming up some bussiness, run dont walk away. Also dont go back with factory shocks. They are crap.

So, replace the shocks yourself and see if the ticking goes away (it shouldn't). If not, head back to the dealer and, just for fun, don't tell them about the new shocks.

Latest posts