Can someone help me with a oasis report asap?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marsha Walker

Reaction score
Hi All! Wondering if anyone can help me with a oasis report for this vehicle?

1FM5K8D88EGC46321

The dealer is reluctant to give me any service history and the "autocheck" report doesn't show anything. Can you help a girl out? It would be much appreciated!

The Dealer is supposed to print this out for free, I do not know why they wouldn't unless it's been in for service a lot and they think you'll walk away from the Explorer for that reason.

After some quick looking around, you could post on the www.FlatRateTech.com forums (look for oasis reports) and maybe they could help.

You can get some basic information from www.etis.ford.com, click on vehicle and pop in the VIN there. I checked, it looks like there are two outstanding field service actions.

Sorry I cannot get the report for you; hope this helps you out a bit, though.

James,

Thanks for the help. The dealer only showed me what work they did but nothing prior. It has 15,000 miles on it so I am looking for confirmation that they did the regular oil changes and service required within those first 15k miles when it was being broke in. Can you fill me in on what it means by the outstanding service actions? Is that a recall or problem that needs to be addressed? Appreciate your input...

A couple of thoughts ... that have nothing to do with the report you want.

1) If the previous owner, or owners, performed basic maintenance (oil and filter changes, wheel rotation, etc.) themselves, that will not be in any report.

2) One can only assume why they will not share whatever service information they may have available (it's incomplete or there is something "big" in there or that has not been performed). I would ask whether the information you want is available to them. If you know as a fact that it is, and they tell you that it isn't, they are not being honest and maybe you move on (that's no way to begin a relationship).

If they simply refuse to provide the information, I would again assume - that there is something they don't want you to know. This puts you in a position of power, as they clearly want to sell it to you and are hiding something (this alone may be a reason to move on).

You have to understand the mindset of sales. They try to hook the customer and they are pretty good at recognizing desire and pouncing on it. What you have to do is demonstrate that you are willing to walk away (this really is no different than bargaining in a "tourist trap" - you have to be willing to walk away).

Explain that you are interested, but won't buy unless you have what you've requested. Ensure that they have your contact information and calmly say "You have my contact information; when you're serious about selling, please let me know.", and walk off with confidence. Of course, keep looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts