BRAKES

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the morning when I start driving my ST, when I press the acceralator pedal or try to accelrate rapidly I get the red indicator light on the dash for brake system. This indicator light flashes and then goes out. After driving for a short distance this no longe happens, or when I acceralate normally. The light does not flash during normal driving conditions. I have checked the brake resoivor level and it it about 1/2 lower then max, well above the the area of the brake sensor mounted on the brake piston. Anybody got any ideas?

You are low on fluid and the switch in the master cylinder is moving up and down with the acceleration of the vehicle.

However, you are low for a reason. If you have no leaks, then it is time for at least a front brake job as most of the fluid is now in the pistons of the calipers...

Thanks for the infomation Coastiejoe. I will check brake, today for leaks, and pad wear. I change to ceramics pads all the way around in December, only about 10,000 miles on them since install.

I have to echo coastjoe - when I've had that happen (it usually starts in the mornings, then becomes more frequent) I've always needed a little fluid and / or pads.

Depending on how you drive and the type of pads you get, you certainly could be due for new pads (fronts in particular) at 10k. My experience has been that the pads installed at the Ford dealer wear out in no time - I've had much better "luck" with much longer pad wear when they were purchased at other locations (less dust as well).