1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

Brake Upgrades

Thread in 'Aftermarket Parts' started by Supercharged SVT, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Supercharged SVT

Supercharged SVT Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

Hi guys -

Did anyone ever come up with a Brake Upgrade idea for the STA 2010 - I know that Bob had a Bracket idea but its been a few years back - I went Coil Overs and just never chased the brakes the way I wanted to -

I have 60k miles and the only thing that has happened is the heater element quit on the drivers seat - that's 60K miles all Alcohol - 14psi - 508hp and no damage - still barks 2nd, air blows cold, and Nav is as outdated as all 2010's

I know that no one thought it was possible but luck has been on my side - and E85 105octane for $1.28 isn't bad either

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Vic Sorlie

Vic Sorlie Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

I installed the Power Stop kit (purchased from RockAuto) a couple of years ago and have been happy with them. My STA is stock though, and I don't hot rod it.[​IMG]

Randal Mylymuk likes this.
  3. Supercharged SVT

Thanks, That's what I have - I was looking for a 15+" rotor with 4-6 piston Brembo's - someone made a bracket - i just can't remember who? I can piece it together -

4. Henry Suarez

Henry Suarez Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

Also, If you guys find stainless brake line please post. I'm pretty sure they don't make a set for our trucks, but I'm certain that a set for an F150 or Mustang might work for our application. Just fittings and hose length need to be the same. Brackets can be made later. The weakest link of our trucks are definitely the brakes.

5. Supercharged SVT

I agree - I think I got a foglight bezel from you one time -

6. Henry Suarez

Yeah, that was me......But I do believe that our brake lines are part of the problem. Hope somebody comes up with a solution, maybe somebody who works in a parts dept. can compare lines.

7. Supercharged SVT

hmmm - I thought it was the bracket - I tried a Caliper from a 2011 Boss and it was off, I even tried calipers from a brake upgrade on a 2008 Caddy V Coupe and the holes were wrong too. I guess if I got to that stage, I would either go to the Ford Store for the ends and maybe John Deere for the compression set up for the hoses (they have the machine)

I know I talked to a guy named Robert one time and he made a set - so unless he made them from a solid block of billet aluminum, i just needed to know what the Donor parts were from since I tried Ford & GM -

8. Yardsale

Yardsale Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

If I recall correctly, ToddZ had a custom set made by http://www.classictube.com/. Bolted right up.

9. blksn8k

blksn8k Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

The only brake upgrade I have made on my 07 has been EBC front rotors. 122k.

10. Supercharged SVT

Sorry - I wasn't clear - the caliper bracket. If you have ever been on a track, you would know that brake lines can be tuck back by Zipties - the caliper bracket needs to fit the spindle as well as provide the accurate offset for the wheels once a larger diameter rotor is added - so it has to go up, out, and still maintain the offset - hope that made sense - guess if a guy grabbed a junk yard spindle assembly, took it to a machine shop, pre-bought the rotor/caliper and said make a pair it would prolly work - the point was that back in 2011-2012 there was a guy on here that made a set and I reopened the topic trying to see if anyone remembered [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Henry Suarez

BTW, love the paint job on the wheels. Did the paint hold?

12. Nendez

Nendez Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

I'm a member of a sport trac page on Facebook and a guy machined a big brake kit for 2nd gens. I know this thread has flatlined but I'm sure people are still looking like I am. Ill post as soon as I find something.

13. Henry Suarez

I sent my brake lines to a place in Palm Beach, Fl and they custom made me some stainless lines for about 120. I also put in the Powerstop kit.

14. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine V8 Engine

Jeff makes brackets to fit the Willwood brakes off a GT500. Special machined the backs to work..... The fronts alone will run you 2-3 grand in parts.....