1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

brake replacement

Thread in 'Brakes' started by Brett Hartwig, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Brett Hartwig

Brett Hartwig Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

My brakes are starting to sound like chewed up glass, I think its coming from the rear. Dealer will be looking at them on Thursday, but just for curiosity....if I need new brakes, how much should I expect for pads/rotors/labor? What about the front? Gimme a ballpark so I don't have a heart attack thursday

2. Vic Sorlie

Vic Sorlie Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

If you're having a dealership do the work, asking your Service Advisor is best way to get a ballpark estimate. Most of us here are DIYers, and brake maintenance is a common but important job. If I were replacing the brakes all the way 'round, I'm guessing I could buy all the parts needed for ~$200. If you have the dealership do it all four wheels, be ready for a hefty bill, prolly $500+. Be sure to make them replace the brake fluid, a commonly overlooked item.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
  3. John G

John G Active Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Freeport, while always I do my own brakes, a Firestone shop I visited today for another purpose gave me an undolicited price on front rotor and pads. It was about $460. Plus tax and a shop fee. Bleeding would be extra. I could do it myself for about $150.

By the way, I was in the shop to get ball joints, top and bottom. $1,300 total, and it would have been extra for an alignment except that I have their kifetime alignment deal. I probably should have done the ball joints myself and saved about $1k, but it is really cold outside!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  4. Gavin Allan

Gavin Allan Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

Check out the coupons under the service section of www.ford.com for your dealer and/or Quicklane. I recall seeing some rebates and brake specials there not long ago.