brake replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Hartwig

Reaction score
My brakes are starting to sound like chewed up glass, I think its coming from the rear. Dealer will be looking at them on Thursday, but just for curiosity....if I need new brakes, how much should I expect for pads/rotors/labor? What about the front? Gimme a ballpark so I don't have a heart attack thursday

If you're having a dealership do the work, asking your Service Advisor is best way to get a ballpark estimate. Most of us here are DIYers, and brake maintenance is a common but important job. If I were replacing the brakes all the way 'round, I'm guessing I could buy all the parts needed for ~$200. If you have the dealership do it all four wheels, be ready for a hefty bill, prolly $500+. Be sure to make them replace the brake fluid, a commonly overlooked item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freeport, while always I do my own brakes, a Firestone shop I visited today for another purpose gave me an undolicited price on front rotor and pads. It was about $460. Plus tax and a shop fee. Bleeding would be extra. I could do it myself for about $150.

By the way, I was in the shop to get ball joints, top and bottom. $1,300 total, and it would have been extra for an alignment except that I have their kifetime alignment deal. I probably should have done the ball joints myself and saved about $1k, but it is really cold outside!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the coupons under the service section of www.ford.com for your dealer and/or Quicklane. I recall seeing some rebates and brake specials there not long ago.

Latest posts