Brake pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAUL AGUILAR

Reaction score
i just noticed my sport trac's brakes started to squeak .

what brand whould you guys recomend for brake pads

it has been my past experience that when i put after market pads on my cars they start to dust the rims really bad. :angry:

thank you

Most people here find that the OEM pads will leave a lot more brake dust on the wheels than any quality aftermarket pads. If you buy cheap budget pads you will get a lot of brake dust and ususally brake squeal.

Quality ceramic or carbon-metalic pads come with slippers (isolation shim plates) attached to the back of the pad to keep the noise down. Also the pad material reduces the brake dust down to a fraction of what you will experience with the OEM pads.

Good quality pads that can be easily purchased a most autoparts stores are Raybestos, Bendix, ProStop, Satisfied Brakes, just to name a few.

These better pads are not cheap $15 pads. I paid nearly $75 (after my discount) for Raybestos Quiet Stop Carbon-Metalic pads for my 2001 Sport Trac (4 years ago). I immediately notice better stopping power with hardly any noticable brake dust.

Also be sure that you use high-temp brake grease on all the points where the pads meet the caliper frame/slides and be sure to grease the caliper slide pins. With a good quality pad (with slippers) and proper attention to detail, you will not get any brake squeal for the life of your pads.

...Rich