Body Mounts Replaced

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Piroth

Reaction score
Ordered the Prothane kit last week with plans on maybe tackling it myself. Then, I gave a local off-road shop a call and they told me they'd replace the mounts for $250 flat. Done.

Dropped it off Monday, got it back on Tuesday and good god does it make a difference. No more squeaking and rocking and creaking. Just a solid, silent ride that feels like it should.

I put this off way, way longer than I should have.

Great deal. Until now, $300 was the lowest rate I've seen for Gen 1 ST's. Prothane recommends retorquing bolts after 1000 miles. See "NOTE" directly below step #5 instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a dam good price.... Glad you got it done.

Todd Z

OK, Bring me up to speed. I have an '02 Trac. Body mounts needs to be replaced? I have a few squeeks and rattles, and some road vibration. Should I be looking into Body mounts?

Doogie,

Take a look under your trac. Chances are, the four mounts in the center of the truck (easily visible on both sides of the trac along the frame) have at least dried out and cracked or, like mine and a lot of other people's, literally crumbled and fallen out completely.

Latest posts