blower speed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2003 sport trac my blower speed works on low and high just fine but number 2 and 3 speeds blow at the same just a little more than low. I have replaced the resistor, resistor pigtail, the switch and still the same. I unplugged connector and used a jumper wire to bypass resistor this did not work. Next I checked the continuity between the switch connector and the resistor connector this was fine. Could anyone help me out with this problem????

They don't work as you would think, the resister is part of the circuit but not the main part. its weird....

Almost sounds like the resistor is bad or the connection for the lower speeds is bad in the pigtail.

Todd Z

Had a similar problem that kept burning out new resistor(s) and caused problem with the 2 and 3 speeds. Replaced all parts and checked just like you did and in the end it was the fan blower motor itself. It was dragging internally and a simple check of the fan cage for free spinning showed the drag. For some reason once again it only effected the 2 and 3 speed. It was weird, but solved the mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all my years with mine it never seemed like 2&3 had any significant difference. To me it was basically, 1 or 4 that I always used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts