Blower motor replacement is easy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
My new blower motor (with new squirrel cage) came an hour ago. The package came earlier than promised. Before the mailman was back in his truck, I had the hood popped in the driveway.

First, There were a few things that I had to get out of the way. Took off the cruise control servo and coolant/washer fluid tank, and loosened and moved the air filter housing. There are four screws to loosen to remove the motor and squirrel cage. They're coarse threaded into plastic, so they're easy. The whole assembly comes right out.

On the new unit, I installed the new gasket and shimmied the new one into place. Reinstall the four screws, then install the removed and moved other parts. You're done. Took 35 minutes start to finish.

8bc1b00edcf30649c1d5913902053f5a.jpg

1c2d8e9e0b0d0aa28161de864dbb61a2.jpg

What issues were you having that determined you needed a new blower? Just asking

in case I experience the same problem. Thanks!

Well... There goes my blower motor by Mark K. 8/10/2015

Mine just fried too!

Where did you get yours? Cost?

This motor rocks! It blows as good as a new OEM part. For the first week, I could smell a slight electrical odor until the brushes or whatever got broken in, but it disappeared quickly.

Latest posts