Blaupunkt's OverDrive ODw1200 Saucer subwoofer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jett BG

Reaction score
Hi a lurker here...

anybody has this on there trac?

just wondering thanks

subs info/details:

» 12" 4-ohm subwoofer with protective grille

» aluminum diaphragm bonded to inner foam core with foam front and rear surrounds

» can be used in free-air applications

» frequency response: 20-200 Hz

» power handling: 50-200 watts RMS

» peak power handling: 600 watts

» sensitivity: 90 dB

» mounting depth: 2-1/4"

» sealed box volume: 0.5-2.0 cu. ft.

» ported box volume: 0.5-2.0 cu. ft.:huh:

The shallow mount pioneer sub is much better. I have that one in my Trac. You need the special enclosure though also. Just about fits right behind the back seat and sounds better than any under-seat 8 or 10.

It's just like a regular moose, but it's antlers are actually big ears. You never see these in the wild because their hearing is so good, they're able to avoid all human contact.

The c.wells box and other similar boxes, if I'm correct, have 0.5 cubic feet of airspace. Usually the stronger the sub the more air space it requires. Trust me, it hits nice and hard. Gets the real deep bass that a 10 or an 8 can't usually reach. My friend also has this setup in his Sport Trac.

I guess here is where I mention that he is co-owner of Next Level Auto Accessories here in South Florida and I am his head installer. So yeah, years of audio, video, and security work on cars (as well as my ASE certification and life practically devoted to mechanics) gives me some credibility I hope. :)

What box do you have that has .8 airspace I looked at their website and their box is only .5 c.wells is enclosure is .64 I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys!

I just bought a 2005 Sport Trac and am about to build a new sound system for my ride. Some of my biggest concerns are where to put a sub and my 2 amps. I need the ability to occasionally fold both rear seats, and I'm concerned about clearance for my amplifiers under the rear seats if I choose to mount them there. Alternative, I might buy a 5 channel amp to mount under one seat or one of the rear storage areas. I'm looking for some feedback from as many members as possible on how to maximize sound quality and interior space. Any ideas? Also, let me know if you need more info on my particular truck.

I'm brand new to this site. What is the best way to navigate this site in order to find both audio-related threads and other forums of interest. Any info or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob::D

Latest posts