Big, Big Thank You!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a big THANK YOU!!! to everyone who was instrumental in making the 2008 National Meet a resounding success.:D:cool::)

Everyone appeared to enjoy themselves, and those of us still here at the hotel have been talking about what a great time the entire weekend has been.

Thanks again everyone, and I'm already looking forward to the next National Meet!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many trucks made it to the meet? Glad ya'll had a good time....still friggin bummed that I couldn't make it.

Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing the pix.....have a safe drive home.

I'm not exactly sure how many trucks we had, but I think it was between 40-45. I'm sure Todd Z. will post details after he gets home tomorrow.

Sal A. has a few pictures in his library, and plans to post more soon. His library is linked below:

Thx.....I saw those shots on the other thread, I remember Sal meantioned he was going to try to set up a webcam in the lobby, but didn't hear anymore if he actually did.

Wow....40 or so trucks.....looks like it was a really good turn out

Even with the heat and rain Friday afternoon everything was great. Everyone that worked on the meet did a great job and a BIG Thank You. There should be several post of pictures since it seamed like most of us had a camera attached to one hand.:lol:

Just left an hr ago, will be at the meet in two days

Ummmm...Bill....when you get there, just hang out. If you don't see anyone, just hang out....I'm sure they will be back in about two years. :lol:

Bill.....

I was just out on the hwy this morning and a redfire pearl ST passed me doin about 100.....was that you? He was heading eastbound and looked like he was in a hurry to get someplace. Just curious since it had Calif plates :D

Andy, after 26 years of driving...

Moving violations: 0

Cost of speeding fines: $0

Additional insurance costs: $0

Value of a relaxing drive home: Priceless

:)

lol! My last ticket was Jan. of 2000. What's funny is that around town, I really don't speed. I just get impatient on long road trips. On the trip home yesterday, I passed you in Louisville (I honked), then about an hour later, I stopped and got gas. About 30 minutes after that, I passed you again. I decided to try the JD tour, but I didn't realize they shut it down at 4:30, so back on the road. I stopped again in Ft. Ogelthorpe and filled up and ate dinner. Made it home around 11:20.

Even though the mileage works out right, it still seems pretty amazing to me that I was in Indiana at 4:45, and at 11:20, I was in my recliner in Suwanee.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

I got home around 12:15am. Would have been much sooner if it weren't for traffic in Knoxville...oh, and my e-fan went out (luckily I had the OEM mechanical one) but that's another story...

Thx.....I saw those shots on the other thread, I remember Sal meantioned he was going to try to set up a webcam in the lobby, but didn't hear anymore if he actually did.

That was me. I asked if anyone was interested, and no one responded. I had everything needed at the farm, but again, no one seemed interested so I didn't bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a big thank you to Todd Z, Rachel, Victor, and Sal (and anyone else that helped out). My dad and I had a great time and it was very cool to put a name to a face. Will definitely try to make the next one and encourage the other members to do the same. It's a worthwhile experience.

Made pretty good timing on the way home too. Left just before 4:00 and arrived home at 9:30. Mapquest had us over 6 hours on the road, but we made it back well before that with two quick stops in between. Glad to see everyone else make it home safely.

Jeff.....sorry......

Anyway, I would have been interested in seeing the webcam, but not sure how the quality would have been. Maybe someone took some video and can post it on youtube or someplace.

Latest posts