BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO with gas miles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sniezek

Reaction score
Soon I will be putting new tires on my ST and I want to no did anyone lost gas miles by putting on BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO. I will be putting the new tires on 40,000 or 45,000 or have to see now long the Goodyear will last. I now 34,000 mile on my ST.

Limited Red

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you keep the same size and are diligent about keeping them inflated...Not only will the BFG's ride better and last longer than the GY's...they will also be a better tire in the long run.

I just put 4 Firestone Destination AT's(same size) on mine and it seems to me that my mpg's have decreased by .5-1. Doesn't sound like much but on a tank full and almost $3/ gal it's hurts when I fill up.

James,

I kept my GY's on for the first 16K miles and averaged 14-15 mpg (city). I had a brief stint of some Michelins, but decided to go with a more rugged look and bought the BFG T/A KO's at 33K miles. I wanted 285's, but sought some advice and ended up going only a little bigger, not a lot, and got the 265/75/16's.

Now, since having the GY's I have added an air intake and other small mods, and the ST has had time to really break in. Regardless, I am now getting 16-17 mpg (city).

So, the tires have not negatively affected my mpg. Not just that, but I've had them on for 40K miles now and they still have PLENTY of tread left. I wouldn't be suprised to get at least another 40K out of them.

Latest posts