Best Reasonable-Cost Brake Rotors and Pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
I am looking for any advice regarding replacement brakes. I am going to change out my front brake rotors (and might as well put new pads on too). Dealer has turned the rotors 3 times to get rid of the shakes/vibration when braking, so I figure there probably isn't enough meat left for robust brakes.

Nor sure I want to spend the $ for High-performance slotted rotors and metallic pads. I found these Raybestos parts on EBay very reasonable, and they are the "best" Raybestos makes for our Tracs.

Thoughts?

Pads:

http://www.raybestosbrakes.com/magnoliaPublic/home/products/brake-pads/advanced-technology-disc-brake-pads.html

Rotors:

It's what I have. Been pleased. Got them from RockAuto.

Go to www.rockauto.com and get the Ultra Rotors that are on clearance pricing right now.

For Gen 2 they are $22 front and $16 rear. See if you can find a discount code. Shipping will be pricey.

They are mildly slotted and are coated so they won't rust.

Match them up with a good set of ceramic pads of your choice.

Just did this on a Gen 1. Really happy. You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raybestos PGD833C Professional Grade Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set.

$36.31

Advance auto.... Use code TRT30 or TRT41

Wagner pads, Their store rotors, Or wagner..

Todd Z

If you dont mind cleaning the dust from the pads.

I have performance friction pads on the front with the original rotors.

For my style of driving. I have never had better brakes. No matter how hot I get them. they never fade or fail me. When time comes for the rear I will buy the same pads. If the rotors are still good. I will clean them with my brush hone.

I dont mind the dust, knowing the pads will never fail from heat, water and every thing I put them thru.

[Broken External Image]:

Now that this is all cleared up, I'm going to start on a thread on the best hot sauce.:grin:

NAPA Ultra Premium rotors, about $79, but hands-down the best there is for the price. NAPA Ceramix pads. Good feel, very little dust.

I am going to try the Raybestos Advanced Technology Rotors and Advanced Technology ceramic pads.

The prices on Amazon were so low and reasonable, I just could not refuse.

They look good.

Will probably put them on next weekend. Plan to flush/replace the brake fluid for the whole truck too.

Any tricks or gotcha's I need to know?

Thanks

If you don't have any, the best $1.50 you can spend for new brakes.

Steve,

I bought the $17 bottle..... LOL

Todd Z

May be too late but:

"Mfr. Rebate Equals a 40%, 50% or Even 70+% Savings"

RockAuto