Best Bed Extender for 2007 Limited with Tonneau?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric English

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the best bed extender is (black) and where I can get it? And do I need any extra mounting kits or anything? I have a hard tonneau cover which you can see in my pictures.

I'm not sure that there are any aftermarket bed extenders available for the Gen 2 Trac. Your best bet is going to probably be trying to find a used OEM one somewhere.

OK. Thank you for that help. Can you possibly give me a resource to find a used OEM bed extender?

I did just find this today after some searching . . . http://www.driveoemautoparts.com/oe-ford/7a2z99286a40ab?origin=pla&gclid=COn-ksPI_c0CFYqPfgodR0EJOw . . . would this be the one to get? Thanks.

Also, with a hard tonneau cover - you can see it in my profile picture - will that bed extender work? Is there other hardware I need to get? I'd hate to order it just find out it hits the cover when I'm swinging it in.

I ordered that part number for my '10 (should be the same for your '07). It came as a kit with the necessary parts to install and worked with my OEM tonneau. In order to flip it in or out you will need to open your cover, at it highest point the top of the extender reaches 34.5" from the bed floor while rotating.

Wow. Super useful information. I tried contacting the company but no response as of yet. I will measure my tonneau cover. Not sure if it's OEM or not. I think not. It's a hard cover, not the folding one.

https://goo.gl/photos/4dVHfkzDKJnFMWpw5

Eric,

I can tell from looking at your photo that your tonneau cover is not an OEM cover. The OEM hard cover is two-piece, folding in the middle. I've never seen that kind of cover for a Gen 2 Trac before. Does it have a brand name, or model number somewhere on it?

It is an "Undercover" tonneau cover.

9PfVWPYECLWrnNxX7

It's about 39" high at the back. About a foot in, at the X, it's 35".

dphaTKk2WEqB4NvQ6

Latest posts