Bed Extender hardware

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again.

I posted a question yesterday about a bed extender I got at a garge sale for $10. The

only number on the extender is on the label and is 1U5A-19G299-AA. I called my local

Akins Ford dealer and they told me the two mounting pins are $80 a piece! Does anyone

know if this hardware can be found aftermarket cheaper? I have also called a few salvage

yards and no one has these two parts I need.

I am still trying to determine if it will fit my 2001 sport trac but without the mounting pins

I have no idea if it will or not.

Can anyone here help? Thanks in advance!

Marvin

You'll need the pins so the extender can flip in and out and also stay in the trac. I got mine from a fellow member on this site for a lot cheaper ($15/set) Otherwise try wall's ford, a site sponsor and they probably are a lot cheaper than $80.

I have tried four local junkyards and none of them have them.

Andy - thanks, I will call them tomorrow.

STanner - what auto parts store is it?

Any fellow members have a set they want to give up?

I used two stove bolts and grinded the top of so they were a little flatter. I then taped the two holes on each side so they screw in. The spring latches hook on good and the extender pivots just the same as it would with the factory latches. I need to use a couple of bungees if I don't want it to bounce up to much.....livable, considering the cost and the amount of time I actually have it on the truck.

On a side note.....I would probably keep it on if I could flip it past the tonneau cover without removing either the bed extender or the tonneau......WTF was Ford thinking on that design?:blink:

Denis B.

Was searching for something else and came across your post.

You have a F-150 extender. It is about 1 1/2 inches longer than a Sport Track extender.

It fits, but will hit the cover as compared to the Trac extender which clears the cover...

Latest posts