Bed Extender Hardware mounting kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Zabski

Reaction score
I'm seeing a bunch of bed extenders (some used some new) for my truck (07 Trac) but they all say that you need the hardware kit. I believe my truck might have the hardware kit installed but I don't know since I've never seen how it is supposed to look. 2 questions. Can someone post or email me a pic of how theirs looks so I have a visual reference. 2. Can you purchase this hardware kit and if so how much are they?

TIA.

All it is is 2 bolts that mount to the sides of the bed just inside when the tailgate is closed. The mounting holes are about 8" off the bed and the bolts self tap into them.

Torrie, one of the site sponsors can get you the part # and a good price for the 2 bolts if you don't have them.

BTW, the bed extenders work for all years. I have one from an 02 that I found on Craig's list for $20.

Darn Tim, I thought stole mine for $35 but you sure beat me!:eek:

Frank, sent you mail.

Edit: FYI, from the response Frank got from Torrie the mounting parts are not the same for Gen 1 & Gen 2's.

Unbelievable response time from Torrie I might add!!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts