Battery Went Dead

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, in my 2002 ST, the battery has gone dead two times. Its kind of my fault, I forget to turn the headlights off, so it dies on me, but the thing is I thought that if you turn your vehicle off wouldn't it make a beeping sound. My dad has an F-250 and it beeps to remind you that you didn't turn the headlights off. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The buzzer will also go off if you leave your keys in the ignition and open a door, does it buzz then or no? If not, is it a used ST? The previous may've disconnected the buzzer.

Does it ding when you don't put on your seatbelt? I'll bet the previous owner disconnected the buzzer to bypass the seatbelt reminder. A lot of idiots do that.

Yes it is supposed to "ding". My 01 did and my 04 does if I have the lights turned to on instead of auto. Like Tiger and Tom said, sounds like it's disconnected. Don't know if there is a fuse for the "dinger" or not, I would imagine so.

grump

You might be able to do this project in reverse, the project is how to disable the dinger by cutting a wire, maybe you could find the same wire and see if it's disconnected or cut. I'm not sure where the actual dinger is up under the dash, but I have a feeling it's not easy to get to.

Of course, it could just be a fuse like grump said, I don't have a manual handy to check.