Back! Got some work to do :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris R 2

Reaction score
Whew,

Found my user account! I've since changed email providers, and had a bit of guessing to do.

Anyhow, I don't expect anybody to remember me. I'm usually off getting deployed, so I'm not around much anyways lol.

I bought my 04 XLT 4x4 brand new, and finally paid it off in 2008. The warranty is long gone (which is what kept me from really modifying it), so now it's time to have some fun :D My plan is to set up the vehicle with a towing package. I've already got the 4.10 Limited Slip axle, but I need to fit a Class III hitch.

The only major upgrade I've done on the vehicle is replace the stock exhaust system with a Flowmaster 3 chamber muffler and dual out. Sounds great :D

Plan:

- Replace factory shocks with Monroe Sensa-Trac (37122) on the front, and the Sensa-Trac load adjusting shocks (58617) on the rear. (FYI there's a rebate out Buy 3 get 1 free, check your local stores)

- Replace factory sway bars with Addco 392, and Addco 310 bars.

- K&N cold air intake

- Brush Guard / Equivalent

And then, somewhere else :D My other main project is correcting the paint and a major detailing overhaul.

- Chris

Check with Zabteck for Addco ST part numbers. 633 (rear) 737 (front)

Best pricing by far, especially with free shipping. Welcome back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link! Hmmm I guess I was looking at oem equivalent bars. The ones you referenced are very beefy.

I've recently found info on the Roadmaster Active Suspension system. It certainly looks promising from a load capacity standpoint. Has anyone tried these?

The Roadmaster Active Suspension is great. I had it for years on my '01 ST.

Latest posts