Auto transmission with aux. tow package cooler hard metal lines

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilwaukeeDave

Reaction score
Hey all, my hard cooling lines have rusted through in two places and other parts of the lines have rust too. At this point repairing the line does not make sense. I am looking for replacement lines and an unable to come up with any suppliers. Any suggestions?

None that we know if...... Cut, flair and replace, OR get power steering line and double hose clamp each end....

None that we know if...... Cut, flair and replace, OR get power steering line and double hose clamp each end....
Thanks for the advice. One other thing that i noticed was two of the rivets that mount the auxiliary cooler to the radiator support had rusted away too. so I am going to replace the rivets with new aluminum rivets.

Boxer_1532963814.074356_asset.JPG

Yeah, that's sooooooooo common...... Just extend the rubber lines and be done with it...

That's what I will have to do. I think that I will cover almost the entire line, since there are some other rust spots that are starting... It seems so strange that with such a common problem that there would be commercially available lines.

Thank you

the aux cooler has fittings on it, so just replace the line completely.... done and gone with the metal..

Yep nothing wrong with hoses all the way....
Good news, NAPA carries the hard transmission lines now. I replaced the leaky one while the other two are on back order I ran into a problem though. A soon as I started to refill the transmission fluid, it leaks like sieve at about the top of where the tail shaft housing meets the main body near an electronic sensor. Any thoughts on what this leak is or how to fix it? I took a picture, but cant make it small enough to upload

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-18_11-57-17.png
    upload_2018-8-18_11-57-17.png
    503.4 KB · Views: 225
  • upload_2018-8-18_11-57-48.png
    upload_2018-8-18_11-57-48.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 222
Nice, good to know. Rubber power steering line works just as well. ;-)

Maybe the vent was spewing it or the filler tube has a hole in it. From the top is weird when filling.

Latest posts