1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

ATTN ALL MEMBERS !!!

Thread in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Todd Z, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine V8 Engine

Hello,

Members and friends,

We are posting this to let you all know there are going to be large changes made around the site very shortly. Basically the site has been stale due to the way it was written and the updates that are made are only bandaids. The old servers and software just can?t handle the upgrades and this is causing all the posting issues with photos and threads.

The site has been sold to friends of Rich Stern. ( The original creator and owner) The 2 new owners are going to be able to repair the site, make many of the options functional again and will be doing all of this while maintaining the data and other things that will eventually be lost if the site was to stay the way it is.

Unfortunately this was the only way that we could handle this issue as there is no other way to make this work and maintain the sites functionality while retaining all of the data and other information.

Any of the groups that we spoke to were not willing to work on it for a fee. They all wanted to own the site and make the changes to continue the site.

So a new day is upon us as we welcome Ben and Tom.

They will be taking over and making changes that we believe will make the resources of the site remain, grow membership and allow photos and postings to work again as they used to. We know that this is a completely sudden and positive move and we welcome it with open arms. If George and myself thought otherwise we would?ve just kept the site the way it is and allowed it to just be stale. Believe me this was a tough decision but something had to be done.

So please keep in mind I?m not going anywhere, my email in my profile will be changed and I will still be around to assist and help all the members of this great site!!!!

Thank you

Todd and George.

2. RedRanger 7

RedRanger 7 Active Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Hope it works out, always great reading and help here!! The Sport Trac community will always be out there.

Margaret and Dave 03 ST :driving:

3. Mark K 2

Mark K 2 Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Whatever happens, Todd, please make sure the projects section gets saved somewhere. That section has saved me thousands of dollars over the years and I'd hate to see it simply deleted somehow.

4. OLE442

OLE442 Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

At least you didn't sell it to a Canadian group like another forum I belong to did. At least it will be with owners who are close to the original site originators. Thanks for all you've done for us over the years for our Sport Tracs! Your efforts are and have been appreciated!!

5. swshawaii

swshawaii Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V6 Engine

Todd and George, thanks for all the years of dedication. Change can be difficult sometimes, but it usually works out in the long run. Think we're all aware the activity here is nowhere near what it once was. Crossing fingers new owners Ben and Tom can keep this site alive, and get continued support from the active members. Good luck guys! :supercool:

6. RodgerGeorgia Tellefson

RodgerGeorgia Tellefson Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Thank you Rich Stern for creating this awesome site, and to Todd Zabbia & George Curto for continuing to maintain it for the best use of the members. You guys rock!!!:driving::haveabeer::supercool:

7. Ed Fenwick

Ed Fenwick Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner

Great idea and great job to those of you who were before. Tyhis is a great site and I never miss a day!

God bless y'all Ed

8. EddieS'04

EddieS'04 Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V6 Engine

Thanks for the update. This has been one of the best social media sites, IMO. The administrators and members. Have kept this site very courtious. Any bickering on here has been mild to none. IMO, Trac owners are a special type of people.

It has been good to have folks, from all types of talents. We all have had help with more than our Trac's.

Todd, are any $$ donations needed at this time??

Thanks, Eddie

9. blksn8k

blksn8k Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

I second what Eddie said. This site has saved me a lot money and aggravation over the years that I have been a member. I hope things go well for everyone and that the site can get back to a more robust membership although I think things may have gone a little better had Ford not stopped building our favorite vehicle.

10. Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Although I have not owned a ST for a while, I still stop by, because this is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable groups I belong to. And, as said, it has saved me thousands of $$$ and a lot of headaches.

Thanks for keeping it going, and here's to a good future! :haveabeer:

11. chr$67

chr$67 Active Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for all the hard work.

12. Rod Giffen

Rod Giffen Member 1st Gen Owner 4 Wheel Drive V6 Engine

Good Luck to all and heres to a long and great future.

13. TrainTrac

TrainTrac Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V8 Engine

So when can we expect to start seeing changes to the site?

14. Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis Member

Hello everyone!

I'm Thomas and I am one of the new owners of the forum. The other owner's name is Ben and he'll probably introduce himself after the site gets moved to its new home. I'm very sorry for not introducing myself earlier and for leaving everyone in the dark on what the future holds for The Sport Trac Website. Our original intentions were to get the site moved very quickly and then introduce ourselves on the new site, but then the holidays showed up and delayed everything. :D

Anyway, it took a while but we've almost got things finished up on the new site and we should be moving there sometime next week. The new address for the site will be www.SportTrac.org . If you go there now it doesn't look like much but it's almost ready to go, it's just going to take us about a week or so to get finished up with the setup, styling, and designing a new logo.

Once we move you will have access to all threads and posts, including pictures. The projects section will be brought over a little later, we're still deciding exactly how we're going to do it. If there's anything else on mysporttrac.com that you need I recommend grabbing a copy of it in the next few days just to be safe, once we move to the new site you probably won't be able to access it again.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free post it in here and I'll answer as best I can.

Thanks!

Thomas

15. EddieS'04

EddieS'04 Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V6 Engine

Hello, Thomas. Thanks for the update. I just looked at the site. It appears we have to register or renew password????

I hope the new site is as easy to navigate as this one. A few of some forum sites I have used frustrate me...maybe Im just old. I still dont have a smart phone..LOL

16. Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis Member

Hi Eddie,

You will not have to register at the new site, you will just need to reset your password. Once you reset your password you will have your old account with all your posts and messages. Resetting your password is very easy to do, you just have to enter your email address and it will send an email with a reset link to you.

The new software is a lot different but it's very easy to use, I think you should be just fine. :D

17. Gypsy Me 2

Gypsy Me 2 Member 1st Gen Owner

Thomas Hi and Welcome! Will we need to recreate our login names and or passwords? Thanks!

18. Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis Member

The only thing you'll need to do is reset your password, all your other info will already be there.

19. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine V8 Engine

SWEET !!! CANT WAIT !!!!

Todd Z

20. TrainTrac

TrainTrac Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V8 Engine

Okuma,

With the new site, will we have more storage space for posting pictures?