Anyone with extensive knowledge of Ford warranties?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn D

Reaction score
Ok, I am well aware that I could dig a bit and get this information, but I was hoping that someone knew what I need to know off the top of their head with little to no effort.

That being said, I have an '03 ST with 78K+ miles on it. I'm well out of manufacturer's warranty time.

I live in FL.

However, I have some serious rust issues going on with the hinges of my front doors (driver and passenger sides). The rust causes considerable noise as well when opening and closing the doors. Am I being ridiculous in thinking that there shouldn't be so much rust, let alone inside the door at the hinges?

Does anyone know if the corrosion warranty is lifetime? Anyone have any suggestions?

I am not aware of any extended warranty on corrosion for the hinges....

Some on the paint on the roof, EGR, cat stuff like that......

Don't know if a call to our sponsor would help, but they may be able to find out or know ??

Todd Z

Fords body panel corrosion warranty is 5 yrs or 80K miles.

My door hinges have some rust on them at times they will sqeek, I just hit them with some WD 40, lasts several mos..

Yeah, I've tried the WD40 and it works for a few weeks, then back to the noise.

Bill, would body panel include the hinges? I wasn't completely sure of what "category" hinges would fall in.

I'm coming up on 6 years in February. I think I'll call a dealership, or one of our sponsors to see what I can find out. I'm not interested in a new vehicle, and don't feel like swatting the flies off me if I go to the dealership without knowing.

Don't know Jenn, good luck, if you can't get no satisfaction with the dealer, get a can of Kroil, lasts maybe 6 mos.

real fix is to remove them repaint etc, more work than I would do for a sqeek.

Dont know the brand. I use a spray on oil. It turns to grease after sprayed on. With a nozzle it gets in the nooks. Long lasting and is made by several companies.

Latest posts