Any range rover owners here?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Jones

Reaction score
Any range rover owners here? If so, I would like to hear of your experiences with rover ownership. I found a 2012 range rover sport that I'm about to pull the trigger on but a little concerned about the reliability on these. Supposedly maintenance and reliability has gotten better with the newer models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the Range Rover forums. I have considered them a couple times over the years but it never got serious enough to look into individual model problems. Just recently I was looking at them and the initial research did indicate they have gotten better.

They sure don't hold value.

I've thought about getting one from time to time but the problems that I see on the ones that come into the shop and the $$ it takes to fix them always brings me back to my senses.

Multiple problems, expensive repairs, even at an independent shop, and hope you don't have to take it to the dealer for repair$.

It's a shame. They make nice vehicles but they can't get the most important part right.

In case anyone ever makes the same mistake I did. Do not buy a Range Rover. I bought a new 2016 SC V8 and had nothing but problems since the beginning. I finally decided to dump it after 3 years of ownership but don't be fooled from my mistake, the new ones are plagued with problems just like the old ones.

Latest posts