any opinons

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
i am looking for cat back exhaust for my 03xlt. i saw gibson on ebay. hooker, flowmaster, bolra. i am not trying to spend alot.

thanks

hdt

Magnaflow

Todd Z

HeartThrob makes a dual exhuast setup for our Trac's, easy do it yourself installation too. I don't have it but seen a couple members on other forums that do.

If you want a complete kit. Magnaflow is my choice also. Be sure to shop around. I have seen the kit for gen 1. Price from $265 to $480.

I paid a higher price than the lowest. At that time EE was a site supporter.

What ever you get. Make sure it is all SS. Especialy if they salt your winter roads.

i have been shopping around. the mangna flow is out of my price range. but i did find the gibson for $250.00 on ebay. full cat back exhaust. and i have heard the sounds. i sounds good. i will let you know.

thanks

hdt

I agree with the magnaflow. It is the way to go. I combined that with both of ss rt items along with the intake and the sound is AWESOME!

I have the RT y-pipe and high flow cat iwth a Magnaflow muffler and dual 2.5" tailpipes my buddy bent up for me. Suggested the heartthrob becuase you were looking at a budget exhuast, get the HT systemfor the dual tailpipes and use a muffler of your choice and sell the HT mufflers/ tailpipe tips.

:banana:

Consider the Dynomax Ultraflow 19334 cat back system.

NAPA is one of the few that may still have it, about $280.

Dynomax just had a $75 mail in rebate that ended 8/31/11.

Some stores may pre-date the sale so you can qualify for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you live in Florida. Though I prefer SS, you wil be good with the dynomax system, Steve posted.

The muffler is the same design as magna-flow.

I have the Gibson, makes a V6 sound about as good as it ever will. The wife hates it and thinks it's too loud, which means that it's just right.

Rich Stevens got the Magnaflow 15696 kit for $270 shipped. (See 4/27/10 post)

Todd Z recommended PerformancePeddler first. Been over a year, could try. GL

Did you make an offer? This is from their site, just throw them ANY (below) reasonable price:

*Please note, we are unable to advertise our lowest possible prices for Magnaflow products.

All you need to do is make an offer, ANY offer...and you'll get our best price.

Our advertised price is $494.89. You are welcome to buy at this price too, but we're pretty sure you'll like the other price better

Latest posts