Any info on Fayetteville AR. or Springfield Mo.?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in Springfield for 3.5 years while I went to college, and I visit several times a year. Cost of living is very low--housing is lowest you'll find anywhere. City has everything you'll ever need but feels like a small town. Very excellent public schools. Excellent technical community college. Five other universities/colleges in town are all very good.

wages are low, but cost of living is low. quality of life is very good. springfield is on the edge of ozark mountains, and 30 minutes from Branson, MO and lots of fishing, camping, entertainment, etc. springfield is regional shopping headquarters.

excellent hospitals and healthcare.

Cashew Chicken was invented in Springfield. Old route 66 goes through springfield. Small zoo is neat. Ozark Empire Fair in August is fun. Hot and humid in the summer, not too much snow in winter (but they can get lots sometimes). Town is pretty flat/rolling hills. Lots of bible thumpers (said affectionately!) in the buckle of the bible belt.

I know chamber of commerce president and a few reps from convention and visitors bureau. e-mail me if you want contact info.

I would move back there in a heartbeat if I could.

Good luck.

Oh, the original Bass Pro Shop is in Springfield. Now has outlet store, restaurants, wildlife museum, etc. It takes all day to see bass pro shop!

springfield is nice, but if you are the type of person that likes to have things centered on one end of town or one street you won't like it. many times just to have one night of entertainment, you'll have to drive to opposite ends of town numerous times. it's very spread out. SMS, errrr Missouri State, is there so you'll have to deal with some college kids, but it's not nearly as bad as U of A in Fayetteville (known as a party school...). if I had to live in one of the towns, i'd go with Springfield. but then again, i don't know many people that willingly choose to live in fayetteville. haha jk. both are nice, you can't really go wrong.

I have relatives (of my wife actually) that live in a little town near Fayetteville called "Hogeye" (No Joke).

We have visited a few times. The scenery is really nice. Ozark mountains area and a lot of tall pines.

The Hawk:cool:

Latest posts