Anxiety or panic attacks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Hasledalen 2

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any fellow trac'rs have anxiety or panic related problems, its just nice to talk to people that also have what i do.... I hope no one does.

I'm high anxiety because of my job situation here in Michigan. The company I work for used to employeed 120 (and entire 3 story building) now down to 35. And memo's are passing around the company is selling off to another investor. But yeah, its nuts over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

I don't have this, but I had a friend in Oklahoma that did. He didn't ever have the problem until he quit smoking around the same time he turned 40. His first problem was during meetings. We had weekly briefing to our Commander, and he suddenly would get this uncontrollable urge to leave the room or feel a panic about the briefing he was about to give.

It progressively got worse, so that he became fearful of everyday things like being in closed rooms, driving long distances and flying in planes. He began taking medications for it, but he still isn't 100%. To fly to his father's funeral in California, he had to be sedated. It is really a serious problem for him.

Use a vitamin B Stress Formula and St. Johns Wart. The only thing that you have to watch out for with St. Johns Wart is an increased sensitivity to the sun. Also, check out Bach Flower Remedies; there is a rescue formula that when you feel an anxiety attack comming on you put a few drops in a glass of water and drink. :D

Brian, I have anxiety attacks, mine also cause physical symptoms, I get this very very nervous feeling of somethings going to happen (but it's NOT) panic attacks, I know i don't have that, but I also get a very bad pain in my sternum area, I can also get nausea and vomiting symptoms, not always, but sometimes it would be several days in a row that me and the toilet were best friends, that wasn't fun at all. It took several doctors and many tests before someone FINALLY diagnosed me, and then put me on Cymbalta, what a relief, what a wonder drug, it has really really helped me.

~Dove~

I had them bad years ago. Especially in crowds. Got so I couldn't go to a mall. They eventually went away and I'm not bothered by them any more but it really is rough and I can definitely sympathize with those that have it.

I've had a couple of panic attacts where I thought for sure it was the "big one" coming for me. Checked out both times and nothing wrong. It has been years ago. I kind of thought maybe I was just hitting the coffee a little too heavy and was thinking too hard about things at the time. They feel pretty real when they are coming on, though.

I've had a few problems with them and, for a while, they were pretty severe. I had the same urge to get up and leave a meeting that Nelson mentioned above, and my heart would absolutely POUND in my chest. There were even times when nothing stressful whatsoever was happening (like, I was just sitting with my wife on the couch watching TV) that I would have to get up and pace around because I just felt strange and restless. I was sure that it was something more serious and that the panic attacks were just trying to alert me to a bigger problem.

Honestly, what helped me was to go and have a complete physical. Once I knew that my heart was in good shape, my blood pressure was fine and that the symptoms that I was having were really just psychosomatic, it helped me to talk myself down when I'd start to get nervous. Essentially, it's a lot easier to tell yourself to "just calm the hell down, you're fine" once a doctor confirms that you are. Since then, they really haven't been an issue for me.

It is crazy how many people have this problem ive been suffering with it for a year now been to the doctor and the emergency room a few times and everything checks out fine..... It still boggles my mind why people get these... i can go a month without having a panic attack then i start feeling that it is all in the past then one will hit me hard and put me back into the vulnerable state of mind..... This sucks.....

A friend of mine has the same problem. He's been to the doctor, but can't find anything definite with some dizziness that goes with his panic attacks.

Don't "panic" Brian. I think joycie was just being sarcastic. It's the off topic posts that make this site unique and fun.

Back when neither my first marriage or my company was going well, my doctor put me on Paxil. It helped a lot, however my stomach was very upset the first few days. Then my noodle went limp but I was too happy to care. When it ran out, no one told me to taper off so I was bouncing off the walls for a few days. I'd recommend it but with a Viagara chaser.

Now I just yell, cuss, and fire people, and then I feel better.

I used to have them all the time--particularly when in groups. Not all groups, mind you--I could go to the mall or a football stadium or what not just fine. Even getting up in front of a large group to do public speaking was fine. It just happened when I was expected to socially interact with them, like at a party. I would start trembling to the point where I couldn't even stand up--I couldn't even walk away from the situation to attempt to relieve it, as that would require standing. I would basically have to sit somewhere, wait for the group to disperse, and then either walk away (if I had regained adequate leg control) or literally crawl. Obviously, the easier solution was to not get in such situations in the first place. But, without any other treatment, I haven't had one in many years--and that's even despite the fact that I no longer avoid such scenarios. It may seem like backwards logic, but I honestly think that getting a wife and kids caused me to panic less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts