Anti lock brake issues? problem when stopping,

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Felker

Reaction score
I have an '02 ST Recently when I apply the brakes and I'm almost completely stopped, the brake peddle goes farther down and it sorta feels like the right front tire is sliding on ice.
( no ice there)It just does it once in awhile.Not consistant. And it seems like it does it more when the whells are turned but sometimes when straight.
I'm guessing this is anti-lock brakes. Anybody got any ideas?

probably a bad hub bearing going bad if your 4wd..... Does it seem to pull to one side too??? have a shop check the front end. Please update your info so we know what truck you have

I have an '02 ST Recently when I apply the brakes and I'm almost completely stopped, the brake peddle goes farther down and it sorta feels like the right front tire is sliding on ice.
( no ice there)It just does it once in awhile.Not consistant. And it seems like it does it more when the whells are turned but sometimes when straight.
I'm guessing this is anti-lock brakes. Anybody got any ideas?
I have a 02 Sport Trac 4x4 with ABS brakes and this winter a couple of times when in snow the brake pedal would go down as usual and then go down more and seemed like abs kicked in but brake stayed lock on. I haven't had it checked yet, but thought someone has had problem and found the problem. Was yours like I said? Good luck as I am going to try to find a fix. GENO

I'll have that hub bearing checked out. ...No, it does not pull at all. The Brakes are OK except at almost a full stop. Thanks
I have a 02 Sport Trac 4x4 with ABS brakes and this winter a couple of times when in snow the brake pedal would go down as usual and then go down more and seemed like abs kicked in but brake stayed lock on. I haven't had it checked yet, but thought someone has had problem and found the problem. Was yours like I said? Good luck as I am going to try to find a fix. GENO

Attachments

• Me Bike And Truck.jpeg
    Me Bike And Truck.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 168
Mine does it on dry pavement. Not all the time, more when the wheel is turned.
If you find out anything more, Please let me know. Thanks, Dave

Are you feeling pulsing, if yes its definitely the abs, and its usually one of the front hubs needs replacement. I replaced both of mine on my 01 trac to fix the issue, after trying the abs sensor on the rearend.

Latest posts